Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving - Something to Think About

Good morning all!  I hope each of you enjoys at blessed Thanksgiving however you are celebrating today. 

 
Today is the first Thanksgiving in 27 years I didn't wake up to a long list of things to accomplish and the smell of turkey.    Due to several circumstances I decided to take the year off this year and we will go out to eat. 

I felt completely out of sorts yesterday and today just feels strange.  I haven't been covered in flour, and spots of this and that for days, and I didn't get up exhausted but frantic to finish everything.  I would love to say it feels good, but it just feels strange! 

Mini is over the moon about the whole thing.  She has begun pretty outspoken over the whole inequality of the holiday.  She has real problems and opinions about the fact that women cook for days and then do dishes for a day after Thanksgiving, and then the men just enjoy the meal and then lie about and complain about how full they are while watching football.   I suppose she is right, I do tend to treat preparing Thanksgiving dinner like labor and forget the pain of it all as soon as the last piece of china is put away!

So, as I loll about this morning (hey, maybe I will actually sit and watch a parade!) contemplating the decorating I will start later today and driving the family nuts, I will leave you with these thoughts.

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
I Chronicles 16:34

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Now that I have had time to think about it, I believe I will probably whip up some Chicken and Dressing and a vegetable or two for us to have for dinner tonight. I just can't imagine everybody not searching for the leftovers about 7 tonight!
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Please take the time to leave a comment. I love getting to know my followers and getting feedback on my blog. I mean who likes to talk to themselves right?