Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snowman Tablescape

In honor of the chance (slim as it is) that we may have a bit of snow at some point this winter I put together these Snowman tablescapes.  It is so happy looking and bright it is just perfect for dreary January days.  Won't you join me for a tour of two tablescapes sure to brighten your day?

The first tablescape is my dining room.  I love, love, love crystal so I loaded this table with lots of it. 

The plates are Food Network from Kohl's.  The plates were a Christmas gift from Wonder Hubby about 3 years ago.  He used all that Kohl's cash smart guy that he is!  I went through a nothing but square plates phase and these were from that time frame.

You have seen my shaded crystal candlesticks before, they are so versatile I use them all time. The hanging crystals could be icicles, don't you think?

The cake plate/snowman stand is from Burton and Burton.  I love all the soft colors of the snowman but he is extra special since I had to get really ugly to keep him in a serious dirty Christmas incident several years ago.  Anyone that knows me should have known once I got this goodie I would do whatever it took to take him home with me, duh.  I'm just a little competitive that way!


The napkins, napkin rings and placemats came as gifts from Hubby.   I love the silver sparkle in them.  The napkin rings are new this year and a great improvement from the plastic snowflake napkin rings I had fashioned last winter!


The dessert dishes are also a gift from Wonder Hubby.  He spotted these in a antique store in the summer of 2010 and hid them till Christmas 2010. 

I love how the candlelight makes all the crystal sparkle.

Now we are on to my breakfast nook snowman table. 


The plates are from Kohl's as are the placemats and napkin rings....yes all gifts from Wonder Hubby.





Of course I managed to work in a little Fiesta.  I love my red pitcher, it is my favorite (well at least until spring and then I bet yellow wins out, I'm fickle that way).   The plates have the cutest raised snowman design...I almost hate to cover them with food :)


The centerpiece is from my store.   He is on springs so he adds a little action to meals!  I always used it to decorate the store and could have sold it a million times but I kept it just for me.

The candles are ice cubes and snowballs.  I am amazed how many ways I find to use them.  The ice cubes are great in the summer.   The glasses are 1980s Fostoria....wedding gifts...still love them. 


I hope touring my tablescapes brightened your day.  Thanks for stopping by.
I am joining

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for



26 comments:

  1. Love the snowy snowman table! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your hubby is a keeper -- what a great gift-giver! I got a chuckle out of your "serious dirty Christmas incident"! Glad you managed to hang onto that darling snowman! Both tables look wonderfully festive and let us Southerners enjoy a hint of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia, it was nip and tuck for a bit...but I prevailed. I don't play when it comes to Christmas goodies! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Both tables are gorgeous, especially the candlelit crystal shot. Hope you get a little snow to make those cute snowmen happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder Hubby certainly IS a wonder! He must really, really LISTEN and pay attention! I agree with Tricia...he's a keeper! Please let him know that he is being nominated for a blogger husband award! :-) It is about 50 degrees, sunny and a little windy here today in the Kansas City, Mo., area. I am THRILLED that no snow has "plagued" us! It's pretty to look at, but I am happy to admire it from afar...WAY afar! :-) We will GLADLY send you any and all snow that comes this way! :-) Very festive tables! I like the use of the darker blue plate to add a little contrast on the pale blue & white table. That really looks great! Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope that you get some of the white stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia...I can't possibly tell him that I won't be able to live with him! Just kidding he is a keeper. I would like one snow, on the weekend and then I'm ready for the 70's!

      Delete
  5. These are gorgeous! And yes, everyone seem to agree that WH is a keeper. Don't know which one I like more, but guess the one with crystal rather steals my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great Winter tables in one post! Ok, now tell me the truth...does Hubby work for Kohl's? I love the way your crystal sparkles. No snow for me in FL and I don't miss it one bit but I enjoyed your take on it!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...no Robin but he is definately a frequent shopper in the dish department! They have FiestaWare and we are absolutely addicted to it. Enjoy that Florida weather. Rainy and yuck here but no snow :(

      Delete
  7. How wonderful that your husband is so in tune with your tastes! I love both tables.. both are so festive! xo marlis.. good luck with the snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlis, he is in tune...thank goodness because he will buy the stuff I'm too cheap to buy! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. The first one is so shimmery and icy! The snowman plates are adorable. Both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! I think my favorite is the shimmery one, well for today anyway! Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful menagerie of snowmen!!! Adorable tables! Wishing for snow myself and we usually DO get a lot. Not so this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very different but wonderful winter tables. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the perfect touches of whimsy for a dreary January day. Both tables are unique and wonderful. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband is so sweet to give the wonderful china and linens to you. I love both tables and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. The crystal lamps and the precious Snowman are so pretty in the first tablescape. The snowmen in the second tablescape have the happiest expressions. Happy Winter's Day and Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already loved the dining room table, but it looks absolutely beautiful with the candles lit! It really does make the crystal sparkle. Both table settings look amazing.. as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous. I love your wonderful snowman tablescapes. Its all adorable. Very sweet blog, I just found you on BNOTP

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I love getting to know my followers and getting feedback on my blog. I mean who likes to talk to themselves right?