Thursday, February 16, 2012

Homespun Cozy Tablescape

I have been anxiously awaiting the chance to put together this tablescape since December!  For Christmas our spare daughter Bri gave me burlap placemats and burlap roses.  She is into crafting and needs a 12 step program to control herself on Pinterest likes Pinterest (could I have gotten a better spare?).  I had to wait through the Christmas tablescapes, then New Years and then in January I always put out Snowman tablescapes then it is on to Valentines Day....so finally I have a chance to put together a tablescape that I can use them in.  Yeah!!!

So let's take a tour.

This tablescape will definitely go into the everyday table rotation.   I have had the topper for ages and have always loved it, especially the fringy edges and now I have the perfect fringy edges placemats. 

The natural colors in the topper and mats lend themselves to work with some of my Fiestaware.  The napkins are also Fiesta and the napkin rings are a la the crazy Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint lady!  I really have to stop spraying anything that is standing still.


I love being able to use some of my Rooster collection in a tablescape.



Love, love, love my roses.  Bri did a great job on these.  What a sweetie pie!




The covered casserole is my newest Fiesta addition.

Also on the table are two of my favorites...the corn bowl and potato bowl.  My mother made these back in the 1970's for my paternal grandmother.  When she passed away several years ago I ended up with them.  I love them.  I remember both my mother working on them and eating from them at some of the incredible dinners my Grannie Alice prepared every single day.  She loved to cook.  Most Saturdays or Sundays you could choose from 2 entrees and at least a half dozen sides and the sweets....oh my.  They were her weakness.  She always had a couple of pies, some kind of iced cake and always a angel food cake and some kind of fruit (that she grew and canned) in syrup to top it with. 







This week we will have a couple of nights of way too heavy comfort foods and these will be perfect serving dishes.


Fiestaware pitcher just waiting for the iced tea.


I love this iron candle ring.  It has aged and is so pretty.  The candles are coffee and cinnamon bun scented....yum.


I love how comfy cozy it turned out....perfect for everyday family dinners.  Thanks for taking the tour.

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday please join me there.



5 comments:

  1. I love your sweet roses and serving dishes! You have a wonderful daughter to give you such great gifts. Visiting from BNOTP. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drooling the roses... love the simply way of rolling it and the colour "white", it make your ambiance more elegant.

    Happy TS...
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corn and potato bowls are so special. How great to have them passed down and that your mom made them. Your table really has a"warm and cozy" look and the burlap roses are so cute. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those burlap roses! Everything thinks great:)

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I love getting to know my followers and getting feedback on my blog. I mean who likes to talk to themselves right?