Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Winter Wreath

Just before Christmas I decided to makeover an old wreath for my back door.  I wanted something that would make me happy every time I came in the door so I knew I wanted something bright.  I went shopping around the house for supplies.  First I found an extra wreath in the attic. Oh my gosh....I'm lucky I found anything there.  This is part of my attic. It is the Holiday area and it is a mess.  Wonder Hubby started building shelving in this a couple of years ago but I need much, much more.  Instead of playing and blogging....I should be working on this but alas....it is just too cool for that today, whew!



I also found this little sled in my some painted some not stuff and decided I could make it over since I didn't want anything holiday specific.


Then I shopped some more and found foam snowflakes that I was pretty sure I could work with.  Okay now I had some stuff but it needed something, hmmm.  After a quick trip to Dollar General and 2 dollars later I had these cute little Christmas balls.

I  remember all the multi surface paint I had from the Trivet project I showed you here.

Love this paint!  It has good coverage on glass and other slick surfaces which is sometimes hard to get.  Then I had some really messy fun and painted all the balls with circles and then covered those with glitter....love me some glitter girls!  Glitter makes me smile so I love some glittery stuff! 


After I finished the painting the balls I did a little paint makeover on the sled then I assembled all my goodies and gave my wreath a trial run.  Good but just kinda blah.  Then I had one of those ah ha moments when you hear singing.  I remembered I had just a smidge of deco mesh left from my Gingerbread tree.   I wired on the deco mesh, then the sled and then clustered the balls on the foam snowflakes.  This is what I ended up with.






 I just love how it turned out.  It is so bright and cheery....very nice to see on a dreary day.  I am linking to:

>

Sunday's Best Linky Party!

7 comments:

  1. It is very cheery and just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty, cherry, winter wreath. I would love to see this as I enter my front door, you'd have to leave it all behind as you enter your home. Very nice coloring also. You did so good. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!
    I'm hosting a winter link party today and would love for you to link this up!
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that turned out, especially with the mesh! I need to revamp a wreath for our front door too. I had better get cracking, too, or it will be time for a valentine's one or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanee this is so cute. You are doing great for a newbie. Keep up the good work. I want to see you out commenting more and working off the list! You are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shanee, I love your wreath! So fun! Thank you for the tutorial.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love looking at it every time I come in the door! It is such a happy wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I love getting to know my followers and getting feedback on my blog. I mean who likes to talk to themselves right?